RECIPE / Firecracker Ice Pops June 28, 2017
It's summer and that means plenty of hot temperatures, pool parties and popsicles! We are gearing up for the 4th of July holiday and have the best patriotic treat to keep you cool. Firecracker Ice Pops! They are easy to make and take less than 30 minutes (longer to freeze). Perfect for little hands to help.
We also have an amazing collection of red, white and blue outfits for your little ones! Shop our American Holiday Collection today!
YIELDS: 6 pops
TIME: 20 minutes to make / 8+ hours to freeze
1 1/2 cups of fresh strawberries
1 1/4 cups of low-fat vanilla yogurt (we used Stoneyfield)
1 1/2 cup of blueberries
1/4 cup sugar
Popsicle Mold (We used Zoku)
1. Puree strawberries and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a food processor and set aside.
2. Puree blueberries and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a food processor and set aside.
3. Whisk together yogurt and 2 tablespoons of sugar and set aside.
4. Pour mixtures in 3-ounce popsicle molds, alternating each ingredient (3-5 layers).
5. Place the skewer in each mold and dip it up and down a down a few times.
6. Place the popsicle molds in the freezer to harden. Should take approx. 8 hours.